AECOM Civil Engineer in Belfast, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151126BR
Position Title Civil Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Belfast
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
We are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join our Belfast Water Engineering team.
The Water team brings together the skills of project managers, hydrologists, flood engineers, water scientists, numerical modellers, and environmental and planning specialists to provide integrated, sustainable and cost-effective solutions. Activities include; flood defences, dams, water supply and water treatment plants, pumping stations, pipe networks, sewerage, wastewater treatment, and outfalls. Our clients include local and national global organisations, including water utilities and drainage authorities throughout the UK and Ireland, as well as developers, architects, planners and contractors.
As a Civil Engineer within the water team, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Assisting with and preparing of technical designs for water related projects.
• Assisting with and preparing of technical specifications and reports.
• Developing civil designs and assessments and checking to time and budget.
• Ensuring all work is fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation, the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
• Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects.
• Undertake site visits as needed.
• Contribute to group initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes.
• Assist with project management, and build upon your knowledge to enable you to lead projects with progression.
• Assisting with and preparation of bid proposals and additional fee proposals.
• BEng level or equivalent in Civil Engineering or similar.
• Knowledge of water, wastewater, flood risk and highways drainage projects.
• Excellent working knowledge of AUTOCAD.
• On route to Chartered Engineer status with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Experience of working on water engineering or similar civil engineering projects
• Consultancy and/or site experience.
• MEng Civil Engineering
• Knowledge and use of 3D CAD
• Experience in water management, hydraulics and design projects would be an advantage.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.