AECOM Principle Electrical Engineer in Bedford, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 145026BR
Position Title Principle Electrical Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Bedfordshire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
Our Building Services team are seeking a Principle Electrical Engineer to join the Building Engineering team to lead the design of a number of London commercial and residential projects, to be based in our Bedford office.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-motivated person who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and who wants to make a difference in the electrical field of building services. We are specifically looking to appoint an Principle who has knowledge and experience in relevant areas, is familiar working closely with clients and bidding winning and delivering major London projects.
About the team:
Our building services team consists of 400 people nationwide. The mechanical and electrical engineers we have in our team specialise in healthcare, education, sports, and leisure. We are market leaders on large international projects, as well as working closely with the local community.
• To act as design team leader for projects, from feasibility through to operational phase.
• To manage a team of engineers, and coordinate and support the management team.
• To prepare and present designs, reports and specifications.
• To manage the design and construction stage activities with both external and internal teams.
• Contribute to the update of AECOM standards.
• To negotiate additional fees and change control.
• To act as the main point of contact with Clients.
• To act as project manager for the AECOM/Client contract, managing fee expenditure and program.
• To act as a mentor to junior staff, promoting CPD activities.
• To write fee proposals, manage client and architect relationships, and win work
• As required, to represent AECOM on industry committees and to present at conferences.
• To maintain and enhance expertise within the team and as an individual.
• A good technical understanding of electrical building services for commercial and residential developments
• Significant track record of leading design teams.
• Experience in project and client management within a defined fee budget and program.
• Experience in identifying and winning new work and building client relationships.
• Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.