AECOM Associate Director - Highways in Bedford, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Associate Director - Highways
United Kingdom - Bedfordshire
Our Bedford based Strategic Highways team currently has a vacancy for an Associate Director.
The successful candidate will take responsibility in all aspects of highway design to work on local, national and international schemes.
The appointed candidate will join AECOM’s established highways business which continues to expand following several major project wins. We would like to hear from individuals who have team management and highways design experience with a sound technical background and business development capabilities that share our enthusiasm and determination to develop our business.
AECOM’s Bedford office is an established and vibrant office with over 40 years highways business with accumulated skills, experience and an established culture in the delivery of all types of roads schemes: from major motorways to smaller local authority improvement schemes.
Current projects in the South East Region include Highways England Road Investment Strategy programme for East and Midlands, Transport for London Cycle Super Highways programme and Better Junctions programme and we continue to support Major Contractors on Design & Build highway and infrastructure projects.
Our current client list includes Highways England, Transport for London Transport Scotland, Highways England, Welsh Government, Local Authorities in the South East and various contractors.
Job responsibilities include:
• Provide technical leadership for the highways team.
• Fulfil the role of technical lead and/or project manager.
• Effectively and efficiently undertake project and team activities, including commercial, managerial and technical aspects.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of technical standards and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
• Generate and maintain good client relations.
• Resolve client and project issues
• Review the project against company processes and client requirements.
• Where appropriate, monitor the performance of the team, to ensure that the project outputs are subject to appropriate scrutiny and verification
• Establish strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM
• Take an active role in work winning, supporting business development activities including the development of client relationships
• Leads technical business development work
• Approves and signs off on work
• Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule and oversees technical resources to meet requirements on large, complex projects
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates who meet the following criteria;
• Proven experience of managing teams and undertaking a range of highway engineering related projects.
• Excellent technical and communication skills
• Extensive working knowledge of the design manual for roads and bridges
• Previous experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment operating across a matrix of projects
• Experience of working in the Design and Build sector particularly preparing tenders for contractors.
• Ability to demonstrate experience or understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with proven design and project management experience, delivering quality products to strict financial and programme targets. They will preferably have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway projects for Highways England’s or Highway Authority schemes.
• MSc or PhD in Engineering preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157014BR