AECOM Senior Technician in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 159265BR
Position Title Senior Technician
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hampshire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
Purpose of role:
• Produce drawings with the necessary level of detail as required for: Pre-feasibility, concept, costing, estimation and detailed design / construction.
• Carry out earthwork design and analysis on Renewable Energy projects.
• Work independently using an already established understanding of civil engineering and best practices and be able to provide meaningful input to the design process.
• Work in conjunction with engineers of multiple disciplines as part of the iterative design process.
• Reporting to the Design Manager you will also directly interface with other Energy team members, from graduates to Directors. There will also be opportunities to work with other AECOM Business Lines. This may involve travel to other AECOM offices across the UK.
Key Technical Skills:
• Highly Proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Production of Construction Details / Technical Drawings.
Key Leadership/People Management Skills:
• Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a design team of varied experience.
• Provide and receive candid and constructive feedback with team members.
• Be able to teach others who are developing their skills in the use of Civil3D and drawing presentation.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills:
• Document instructions received, organise work packages and estimates hours to complete tasks.
• Willingness and motivation to put extra time and effort in when the need arises.
Key Mental / Analytical Skills and Challenges:
• Using the correct level of detail to suit / present the deliverables intent.
• Understand and communicate where value can be added to the design in contrast to drawing the line on diminishing returns.
• Ability to produce design outputs from engineering sketches, written, and verbal instruction.
• Manage incoming and internal data, process and disseminate to the design team.
• Carry out Earthwork Design and analysis primarily with tracks / roads / intersections / laydown construction areas, volumes analysis and drainage.
• Process, annotate, and present design data as project Deliverables.
• Manage data in a way that complies to the AECOM project environment.
Additional Key Activities:
• Operate CAD software for Internal and external meetings and Presentations.
• Process CAD data for use with other software platforms.
• Adhere to Client and AECOM CAD standards during all CAD activities.
• Dynamic 3D models using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Design Drafting Deliverables using AutoCAD.
• Experience within Civil Engineering industries, such as Land Development, Transport (roads), Construction, Water (Dams, Spoil, and Hydrology), Waste (landfill), Mining, and Surveying.
• Proficient user of AutoCAD Civil 3D within a live project environment
• HNC / HND BSc / BEng / MSc / MEng: Engineering, CAD related courses. (Civil Preferred)
• Candidates with no AutoCAD Civil 3D experience, but with extensive experience using 12D will be considered.
Experience of any of the following is also desirable but not essential:
• Bentley Microstation,
• Navisworks Manage,
• Auto Tacking Vehicle Swept path analyses.
• 3D Solid modelling: Structural / Piping / Piping Isometrics
• Drafting: Structural steel / Structural concrete
• Drafting: Electrical
• Understanding of BIM environments
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.