AECOM Director of Pre-Construction / Estimating in Austin, Texas
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148464BR
Position Title Director of Pre-Construction / Estimating
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Construction Services
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Texas
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client’s unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner’s representation to our clients around the globe.
AECOM is seeking a Director of Pre-Construction / Estimating to be based in our Austin, Texas location.
Level Specific Responsibilities:
Evaluates business opportunities and potential profitability.
Possesses knowledge and experience in utilizing commercial strategies.
Participates in negotiations when requested and appropriate.
Will serve in a project review capacity as required to assist project teams to achieve project objectives.
Ensures that employee performance issues are documented and addressed.
Willing to assume mentoring and training role.
Works with Group/Project Services management to correctly identify staffing needs.
Structures and leads independent actions to reach a common goal program wide.
Conducts root cause analysis.
Generates comprehensive company level procedures.
Creates, analyzes and critiques global strategic plans.
Responsible for successful cross group, office, or project coordination and cooperation.
Responsible for setting strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy, procedures, systems, work force staffing, budgeting and maintaining technical performance excellence.
Resolve differences between functional policies and practices, and project priorities and philosophies, ensuring that project requirements are consistent with sound estimating techniques and goals.
Responsible for budget preparation and performance plan.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction or demonstrated equivalent and related experience
• Entrants to this position possess extensive and diversified experience in the Engineering and Construction Industry with 10+ years of management responsibility
• Familiar with Industrial / Manufacturing industry requirements and particulars of multiple groups in relation to the Estimating Function
• Capable of organizing and managing domestic and international estimating projects
• Previous experience providing estimating and design development through all phases of pre-construction, evaluation of construction alternatives, conceptual estimating, and value engineering for special projects
• Previous experience providing pre-construction estimating analysis of costs for at-risk projects
• Previous experience providing estimating and pre-construction feasibility studies and analysis for potential projects
• Previous experience providing due diligence reporting of at-risk projects
• Past experience managing projects $ 50 million and higher
- Knowledge of lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus and Time and Material contracts
• Previous Pre-Construction / Estimating Experience on Automotive Manufacturing Plant Projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in scheduling, estimating, accounting and project controls software
• Experience in Microsoft Office
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation assistance is available for this position.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.