AECOM Assistant Geomatics Surveyor in Ashford, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151242BR
Position Title Assistant Geomatics Surveyor
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Kent
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Aecom is currently recruiting for an Assistant Geomatics Surveyor to join our well established Topographical survey team; this role will be based in the Ashford office. This is a full time permanent position offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. The candidate must be able to assist the Survey Co-ordinator in carrying out his duties as required.
They must be able to understand and interpolate job specifications and carry out work to Company standards and Industry best practice.
As an Assistant Geomatics Surveyor your daily responsibilities will include:
• Assisting a Surveyor with survey fieldwork and becoming proficient in the operation of survey instruments.
• Being responsible for the production of 3d digital survey data using existing software packages.
• Learning about and undertaking survey calculations as they apply to survey work.
• Working from our Ashford office as well as spending short periods at other locations across the UK.
• Interacting with other members of the Geomatics team.
• Demonstrating strong communication skills.
• A working knowledge of modern survey instruments and data processing software.
• A working knowledge of standard IT packages such as Work and Excel.
• A recognised land survey qualification would be advantageous.
• Demonstrable commitment to Health and Safety.
• Full UK driving licence.
• You will be expected to travel throughout the UK and be prepared to work away from home including at weekends and on night shifts.
• Some previous railway experience preferable but not necessary
• Current PTS Sentinel qualification preferable but training can be given
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.