AECOM Business Development Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149625BR
Position Title Business Development Manager
Job Category International Development
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Virginia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
This position manages all aspects of the business development (BD) process for the assigned AECOM practice area. The position involves close coordination and collaboration with the Practice Director (PD) and the Director of Business Development (DBD). Key responsibilities include: 1) support PD in developing and maintaining a practice business strategy and pipeline; 2) train and mentor BD and practice staff assigned to BD roles in BD policies, procedures and practices; 3) act as proposal manager, principal researcher and information gatherer (capture manager), reviewer, technical lead, and/or writer on assigned bids.
New Business Strategy
• Work with the PD and DBD to draft the practice annual new business strategy and quarterly updates.
• Maintain an active pipeline tracker for the practice.
• Develop leads on promising opportunities for the practice and advocates for their inclusion in the pipeline.
• Manage practice business intelligence collection efforts.
• Design and execute strategic initiatives that enhance practice’s competitive standing.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice.
• Work with the practice’s assigned recruiter to maintain and expand existing long and short-term technical talent rosters.
• Lead business development processes for all bids in the practice area.
• Train and mentor BD and practice staff in AECOM BD policies, procedures, and practices; including the preparation of key documents, such as opportunity snapshots, capture plans, pursuit plans, and technical solution designs.
• Manage practice business intelligence collection efforts.
• Lead g-trips in pursuit of new business opportunities.
• Lead development and execution of BD process deliverables, especially capture plans, solution designs, and final proposal submissions.
• Contribute to technical solution design for practice bids
• Conduct proposal reviews and provide input, feedback and guidance.
• Support establishment of teaming arrangements with potential subcontractors and partners.
• Conduct interviews and contribute to decisions on key personnel candidates in coordination with the PD,, BD lead, and recruiter.
• Support development of the technical and cost proposals.
• Serve as a peer reviewer of BD process deliverables for other practice’s bids.
• Talent and experience in engaging and cultivating relationships with a wide range of technical specialists, consultants, and subject-matter experts to support all aspects of business development and international development program delivery.
• Ability to lead a team through a technical solution design and to move from design to proposal development.
• Comfortable working and communicating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
5+ years of experience in a business development role for a USAID implementing partner.
Proven experience leading and serving as lead technical writer or proposal manager on winning USAID proposals.
In-depth knowledge of the entire business development lifecycle, including opportunity identification, capture management, technical solution design, proposal writing, and costing.
Demonstrable experience, whether through a degree program, field experience, or elsewhere, with the technical subject matter of the assigned practice area.
• Experience implementing USAID-funded programs.
• Professional fluency in languages in addition to English—particularly Arabic, Portuguese, or French.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.