AECOM Principal Highways Engineer in Altrincham, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Principal Highways Engineer
United Kingdom - Cheshire
Our Altrincham based Strategic Highways team currently has a vacancy for a Principal Highways Engineer.
The appointed candidates will join AECOM’s established highways business which continues to expand following several major project wins. We would like to hear from individuals who have demonstrable highways experience, a sound technical background and business development capabilities that share our enthusiasm and determination to develop our business.
We are currently engaged on a number of interesting and challenging projects both locally and nationally and there are opportunities for the candidates to be involved in a range of work. Our current projects in the UK include the £270m Smart Motorways Programme (SMP) Package 5 (M62 J10-12 & M6 J21a-26), HS2, Manchester Metrolink Trafford Park extension, A494/A55/A494 Deeside Corridor (KS2) and the Menai Crossing (KS2). The services offered to our clients include the full range and scope of highways work from inception to completion across all the key discipline areas. This includes feasibility, development and planning, DCO process, preliminary design, detailed design and site supervision.
Job responsibilities include:
• Coordinate workload and manage design teams.
• Act as lead engineer on mid-to large size projects.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff.
• Delivery of all specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
• Approve and sign off work.
• Technical and financial Management of medium sized projects or tasks.
• Writing and overseeing the preparation of contract documents and technical reports as required.
• Communication to the immediate team, the wider organisation and external parties.
• Managing and developing both internal and external client relationships and identification and management of project risks.
• Present complex technical solutions to clients
• Perform quality control reviews of work developed by others
• Participate in development of technical proposals
• Provide estimates for the engineering budget and schedule and oversee technical resources to meet requirements on large projects
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates who meet the following criteria;
• Highly motivated Chartered Engineer with excellent communication skills.
• Full lifecycle experience across a range of projects
• Significant technical design experience across a range of disciplines
• Demonstrable understand of Health and Safety including CDM.
• Proven team management experience gained within a similar environment
• Knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of the design and how it ultimately interfaces with the client.
• Understanding of design principles and ability to practically apply them.
• Understands and contributes to the market sector plan.
• Proactively seeks to contribute to the AECOM relationship with the client.
• Builds positive long term relationships with clients
• Full clean driving licence
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with proven design and project management experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team developing a range of major highway and infrastructure projects. The role will suit a self-motivated individual who is aspiring to take a lead role in project delivery and manage dynamic teams delivering high quality projects.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157012BR