AECOM Associate - Urban Planning in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144286BR
Position Title Associate - Urban Planning
Job Category Planning
Business Line Design + Planning
Country United Arab Emirates
State/Province/Region AE - Abu Dhabi
City Abu Dhabi
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Design + Planning
Our professionals specialize in design, master planning, environmental and ecological planning, strategic planning and economic development. We create implementable solutions that promote sustainable land use and enhance quality of life.
AECOM are currently seeking an experienced Associate - Urban Planning to join our team Based in the UAE.
The Associate will provide technical management and leadership on projects within the Design Planning and Economics (DP+E) group and have proven skills and a depth of experience in the field of Urban Planning. The role will require the Associate to deliver a range of strategic planning and urban planning projects by contributing to the conception of creative, contextually responsive and economically viable planning strategies and solutions. This role will require the coordination of both internal and external project resources.
The e DP+E group provide a multi-disciplinary approach to planning and design problems and projects and this role will require you to:
· Liaise and co-ordinate projects within the DP+E group.
· Provide specific technical expertise in strategic and urban planning and work within a team of planners, urban designers, landscape architects and engineers to complete land development, urban planning, and strategic planning projects.
· Lead and manage technical projects and multi-disciplinary teams to successful conclusions/outcomes on a project-by-project basis. Account for the budget, programme and general performance associated with such projects.
· Develop and implement the scope and approach to projects to best suit client needs, context, budgets and to deliver a high quality and innovative solution for projects.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and government (approving agencies) to advance approvals of development, master plans, development guidelines and policies.
· Liaise with government agencies and other authorities as may be required regarding development objectives, policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with the company’s quality assurance policies and procedures.
· Assist the the DP+E management team in identification and pursuit of business development opportunities, and growth of the business through new and repeat clients
· Prepare proposals and qualification documents in the interest of obtaining new assignments.
· Assist in managing the Planning and Economic group– this will include staff management and mentoring responsibilities.
· Provide further assistance to senior management as may be required from time to time.
· Prepare and present submissions/reports to support projects and ensure quality deliverables.
Minimum 8 years of urban planning experience required
Experience working in government, consultancy and client-side is preferred
Experience managing and delivering a range of urban planning projects
Experience on relevant projects at different scales
Ability to lead and manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects to successful delivery of outcomes within budget and programme
Experience working within government or on behalf of government on strategic planning, statutory planning and urban planning projects
Strong understanding of governance, development and implementation
Proven ability to deliver high-quality, multi-disciplinary plans including, concepts, strategies, development and planning controls and guidelines
Strong analytical skills and ability to develop practical options and solutions
Strong ability to write, refine and deliver final reports with regard to planning and development projects
Ability to structure, lead and participate in workshops as required
Proven track record in seeking, securing, maintaining and managing positive and successful liaison with clients
Strong ability to work either in a team, or alone with proven positive results
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography and/or a related discipline is essential.
Master’s level degree in urban planning, urban design or a related discipline is desirable.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.