AECOM EIA Associate Director in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Business Line Environment
Position Title EIA Associate Director
United Kingdom - Scotland
AECOM’s UK Environment & Planning team is looking to recruit an EIA/ESIA professional, primarily in the oil & gas sector, to be based in Aberdeen. The successful candidate will have a track-record of successful project delivery, client account management and business development in the North Sea and UKCS market, as well as ideally the international O&G sector. In particular, we are looking for an individual with experience in the oil & gas sector environmental, social and health impact assessment; UKCS compliance support, including support for the licensing of onshore and offshore operations, and maintenance or revision of environmental permits; risk assessment; and decommissioning. The candidate will also support the delivery of EIAs/ESIAs internationally, and depending on their experience, other infrastructure projects in the UK.
AECOM’s reputation in environmental and social management is second to none and we are involved in some of the world’s most challenging and career defining infrastructure projects. We are looking for someone that will be able to take a leadership role within a vibrant and diverse team; helping us to continue to deliver a high quality service to existing clients and to expand our market share in established and new development sectors.
Our UK Environment & Planning business comprises over 200 people across approximately 20 offices. We have over 100 EIA/ESIA practitioners and large teams of environmental specialists covering the full suite of technical disciplines such as social impact assessment, acoustics, air quality, ecology, archaeology, etc as well as Town Planners, Sustainability Specialists and experts in health, equalities and climate change.
We provide support to clients at all stages of the development process, including feasibility, optioneering, promotion through planning and project implementation. In the oil & gas sector our projects cover all phases of the development cycle from seismic surveys and exploratory drilling, to full field development, operational management, and decommissioning.
We have an enviable client base that includes BP, Shell, Total, Chevron, Exxon and many of the oil & gas companies operating in the UK and across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We are currently the primary supplier of environmental services to Shell UK in UKCS and recently signed a 3 year contract to provide environmental support to TOTAL E&P UK in North Sea and UKCS.
The following provides a sample of our recent and current projects:
• Round 29 and Round 30 Environmental Assessment Appraisals.
• ESIA for Pembroke High Pressure Gas Pipeline, Wales.
• EIA for bio-ethenaol plants in Midlands and North East England.
• Tilenga Project (Block 1 and 2 North) Full Field Development ESIA, Uganda
• South Stream Offshore Pipeline, Russia, Bulgaria, Turkey
• Azerbaijan Environmental and Social Sensitivity Oil Spill Response Atlases
• BP Exploration Caspian Sea
• Sizewell C New Nuclear Power Station - EIA Lead
• Dneipr-Donets Basin, Tight Gas Project, Ukraine
• Thames Tideway Tunnel - Pre and post DCO support
• HS2 Phases 1 and 2 – Overseeing and Impact Assessment Consultant
• A303 Stonehenge Road Investment Strategy – EIA Lead
• Battersea Power Station Redevelopment– EIA Lead
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following illustrative roles and responsibilities:
• Oversee the delivery of oil & gas projects
• Lead the preparation of bids
• Contribute to work wining activities and client account management, particularly related to the North Sea and UKCS market
• Assist with meeting the team’s financial targets
• Demonstrate leadership in quality, innovation and Health & Safety
• Be a key interface with other senior individuals elsewhere within AECOM
• Help with business strategy development for the Environment and Planning Team and to lead on certain sales and marketing initiatives especially within the oil & gas sector
• Monitor the team’s adherence to company health and safety, quality and environmental management system requirements
• To keep up to date with relevant environmental planning legislation/policy/guidance.
• Experience in EIA/ESIA and Environmental Management, particularly related to the North Sea and UKCS market
• Experience in project direction/management and financial management of major projects
• A track-record of work winning and successful client account management
• Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction
• Effective and persuasive leadership skills
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• You will have a good first degree and a second degree in an appropriate environmental discipline.
• Ideally you will have chartered status with a relevant professional body
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165568BR